1. Registration is now open. Take profit of the early bird discount which is available until the 15 April, 2013.
2. AEBIOM started its call for sponsors. We have so far 2 Silver Sponsors, Andritz and BioAlgaeSorb, 1 Bronze Sponsor Neuson-Ecotec, and 1 Visits Sponsor Port of Ghent.
3. AEBIOM will finalize the conference programme by 15 March. Therefore, if you are looking for a speaking slot please check the 7 sponsorship packages. If you would like to appear as a sponsor on the printed version of the conference programme, please let us know your interest by 10 March 2013.
4. The traditional dinner organized at the European Parliament will be highlighted by a stand-up comedy act by the famous comedian Dave Thompson.
5. We have finalized an exciting programme for the visits day on the 19 June:
A 2 hour trip on the yacht Jacob van Artevelde
Visit 3 large scale plants in Ghent: GDF-SUEZ biomass energy plant, Biobase Europe-Pilot Plant and the Kay of Stora Enso, the world's largest paper recycling mill
Why should your business sponsor the AEBIOM Bioenergy Conference in 2013?
In its 4th year, the AEBIOM Bioenergy Conference has established itself as one of the main leading bioenergy conference in Europe. The event has gained major proportions and is aiming higher each year.
More importantly, 2013 is an important year to become active and involved because of the following reasons:
- The EC will release this year a report (very likely accompanied by a legislative proposal) on sustainability criteria for solid and gaseous biomass used for heat and electricity production.
- The European Commission recently proposed to change the RES and Fuel Quality Directives and introduce measures aiming to tackle ILUC issues. The proposal is now under discussion in the Council and in Parliament
- The debate on carbon emissions accounting is expected to continue and the principle of biomass carbon neutrality will have to be strongly supported so as to face the criticisms related to the so called “carbon debt” issue.
Therefore, do not miss your chance to be a leader in these discussions and expose your brand in front of high representatives and officials.
For more information about the event log on www.aebiom.org/conference .
We are looking forward to welcome you again in Brussels!
European Biomass Association (AEBIOM)
Renewable Energy House
Rue d'Arlon 63-65
Brussels 1040, Belgium
T : +32 2 400 10 61
E : email@example.com